- Campsite, Tents
Kashmir Great Lakes Trek, also called as KGL, is one of the beautiful and famous trek in India. The trek has a variety and offers a scenic landscape unparalleled with any of the other treks. The 8 turquoise alpine lakes sit charmingly in the lush meadows of its valley. It indeed has the most alpine lakes that any trek can offer.
KGL starts from Sonamarg – the famous tourist place in Kashmir. The trek winds up through jungles, meadows, gullies, and the vast spread of grasslands in the high altitude of Kashmir. The total duration of the trek is 8 days and the gradient of the trek is moderate to difficult.
It is best done in summers and remains closed during the winter season.
Trek Schedule: 10th to 17th September 2022 (Batch Full)
Trek Fees: INR 25,000/- + GST (at actual)
Age group: 14 to 50 yrs (Age relaxation applicable*)
- If cancellation is made one month or more prior to the trek, we will refund 100% of the paid amount
- If cancellation is made 15 to 30 days prior to the trek, we will refund 50% of the paid amount
- If the cancellation is made within 15 days prior to the trek, there will be no refund.
If the trek gets cancelled due to any any natural calamities like Uttarakhand floods, Nepal Earthquake, Covid-19 pandemic, we will refund the trek fees deducting actual expenses incurred depending on the stage of the trek.
- You have to carry 2nd Vaccine certificate or RT-PCR negative report (not be older than 72 hours) while travelling to Jammu Kashmir.
- For your return journey, if your destination requires RT-PCR negative report, plan your travel accordingly and keep minimum 1 day buffer to get tested.
- Explore the 8 turquoise lakes
- Camping on the bank of Sindhu River in Sonmarg
- Attain highest altitude of 4000+ meters