Kashmir Great Lakes Trek, also called as KGL, is one of the beautiful and famous trek in India. The trek has a variety and offers a scenic landscape unparalleled with any of the other treks. The 8 turquoise alpine lakes sit charmingly in the lush meadows of its valley. It indeed has the most alpine lakes that any trek can offer.
KGL starts from Sonamarg – the famous tourist place in Kashmir. The trek winds up through jungles, meadows, gullies, and the vast spread of grasslands in the high altitude of Kashmir. The total duration of the trek is 8 days and the gradient of the trek is moderate to difficult.
It is best done in summers and remains closed during the winter season.
28th August – 3rd Sept 2024
INR 23,000/- + GST (at actual) (Ex- Srinagar)
(Special price INR 23,000 inclusive GST if you book before 30th June 2023)
Age group: 14 to 50 yrs
1. Age relaxation applicable based only on physical fitness
2. Prior trekking experience is must. If not, you should be able to trek in outdoors with at least 4-5 kg backpack for about 6-7 hrs.
3. Please follow Giripremi’s training module for better results – Training Module
Register yourself by paying booking amount Rs. 10,000
(Non-Refundable Rs. 5,000)
- Explore the 7 turquoise lakes
- Camping on the bank of Sindhu River in Sonmarg
- Attain highest altitude of 4000+ meters
- If cancellation is made one month or more prior to the trek, we will refund 100% of the paid amount excluding (non-refundable amount)
- If cancellation is made 15 to 30 days prior to the trek, we will refund 50% of the paid amount (non-refundable amount)
- If the cancellation is made within 15 days prior to the trek, there will be no refund
If the trek gets cancelled due to any natural calamities like Uttarakhand floods, Nepal Earthquake, Covid-19 pandemic, we will refund the trek fees deducting actual expenses incurred depending on the stage of the trek.
Covid-19 Regulations: There is not prior requirement as of now