Dayara Bugyal Trek is a spectacular and beautiful trek in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand, India. The maximum elevation of this trek is at 11,200 ft. The trek starts from a small village Raithal, which is around 40 kms ahead of Uttarkashi. One will witness amazing mountain views right from the start if the trek. The entire trek route involves some of the Uttarakhand’s finest alpine meadows, beautiful campsites, ancient villages etc.
Dayara Bugyal is considered as one of the best treks in Uttarakhand with a vast meadows stretch from 10,000 to 11,200 ft. This beautiful meadow stands in between high snow capped peaks which together make an excellent sight. On the other hand, the meadows remain covered in snow during winters. So, eventually it turns out to be the most fantastic winter trek in Uttarakhand. And, also an excellent Skiing destination. The total trekking distance is about 25 kms.
23rd to 27th December 2023
(Dehradun to Dehradun)
** 25 members per batch
** Seats available on first come first basis
INR 14,000 + GST 5% (Ex-Dehradun)
- One of the best and scenic winter treks
- Picturesque campsites throughout the trek
- Experience beautiful meadows throughout the trek
- Attain an elevation of 11,200 feet
This will be your first day and you will be driven to Raithal (Around 250 kms), a small village ahead of Uttarkashi. You will stay in comfortable campsite and there will be a common briefing before the trek. Pack your bags according to the requirement and enjoy the evening in the fresh air of Raithal. You can witness one of the beautiful and mighty mountain, Nanda Devi from the Tingling point.
The trail from Raithal to Gui is a gradually ascending one. The initial trail goes out of the Raithal village quickly and takes you through the village fields. Go along the well laid out trail and in an hour you come to a flat grassy clearing which also has a hand pump. Take a small water break here and then proceed. The campsite at Gui is located in a small exposed area which is surrounded by forest. You can witness Mt. Sudarshan and Mt. Gangotri range at a distance from this campsite.
Total trekking distance: 6 kms
You will start your trek towards Chilpada campsite and once you start, you will initially climb to Gui thatch and eventually the trail takes you through some picturesque locations which few shepherd huts around and igloo shaped forest department huts. As you proceed, you will come across a wide view of the Gangotri region with Mt. Shrikanth, Gangotri Peaks etc. You will see Mt. Bandarpooch at at distance. After, Chilpada, you will continue the trek towards Dayara Bugyal, which is the highest point of the entire trek at 11,200 feet. After spending sometime t the Bugyal, start your descend to Nayata camp which is at around 9,186 m.
Total trekking distance: 12 kms
It takes about 4 hours to reach Raithal, so start your days trek at around 8.30 am. From the Nayata campsite, continue on the main trail you came down from Dayara yesterday. Continue further for an hour before coming to the grassy clearing with the water source. Further, continue till you reach GMVN. It brings to an end your enchanting Dayara Bugyal trek.
Total trekking distance: 6-7 kms
Start from Raithal after breakfast. Enjoy the scenic drive back to Dehradun. You are expected to reach Dehradun at around 7.00 PM on this day.
Cherish the beautiful and adventurous memories :)
Trek Cost: Rs. 14,000 + GST 5%
- Transport Dehradun to Dehradun
- 2 nights stay at Raithal in guest house / campsite on sharing basis
- Tent accommodation during trekking on sharing basis
- Meals: Dinner Day 1 to Breakfast Day 6
- Hot drinking water during the trek
- Necessary paper works and permit
- Sleeping bag for use during the trek
- Experienced guide and porters
- All meals during the course of vehicular travel
- Bag offloading charges (porter charges)
- Anything which is extra that mentioned in the includes section
- Personal insurance
- Any sort of personal expenses apart from includes
- GST at actual (current rate 5%)
Following is the process of registration:
Step 1>> Booking Amount – Rs. 5,000 /- (Non-refundable in case of cancellation)
Step 1>> Fill the online registration form here – Enrollment Form
Step 2>> Medical Form
Print and submit the Medical declaration Form Download
Step 4>> Balance payment (1 month prior to your batch date)
Account Name: GIRIPREMI ADVENTURE FOUNDATION
Bank Name: HDFC Bank, FC Road Branch
A/c No. : 50200062745252
IFSC code: HDFC0000103
G-Pay Number: 8668548653
(Please mention participant’s name and activity name in the remarks section)
1. If cancellation is made one month or more prior to the trek, we will refund 100% of the paid amount
2. If cancellation is made 15 to 30 days prior to the trek, we will refund 50% of the paid amount
3. If the cancellation is made within 15 days prior to the trek, there will be no refund.
4. If the trek gets cancelled due to any any natural calamities like Uttarakhand floods, Nepal Earthquake, Covid-19 pandemic, we will refund the trek fees deducting actual expenses incurred depending on the stage of the trek.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dayara Bugyal is a perfect trek for beginners with a couple of challenging sections. This is why it’s a trek we recommend to many beginners, families and even those starting trekking late in their lives.
The only two challenges you’ll face on the trek are these sections:
1. From the basecamp to the forest: This initial 1 km stretch is steep and will test your stamina, but there isn’t a race, so going at a very slow pace helpe.
2. Climb to Dayara top: The final climb to Dayara top is also steep. And it gets challenging in snow during the winters. As you step out of your campsite for the summit push early in the morning, the snow is going to be hard, having frozen overnight. This snow section continues until you get to the top, getting steeper as you approach the top.
Trekkers are supposed to be in good physical conditions. You should increase the level of intensity of training over 2-3 months period. Apart from daily fitness, you should carry 4-6 KG load on your back during the practice treks. It will help you simulate the trekking conditions. Kedarkanth has moderate level uphill-downhill walk and on some specific trails, you may even have to climb little steeper.
Dayara Bugyal is an easy-moderate trek and requires trekkers to be physically fit. You can bring your children who are more than 10 yrs of age. IF your child fits in this criteria, you can bring them along.
Weather is mostly pleasant during winter during the day time but as you go higher, you may experience snow fall. Snowy conditions from the Chilpada camp may lessen your pace till the highest point at 11,200 feet. You must carry proper warm clothes for the trek so as to enjoy to the fullest according to the list attached under the resources section.
One can find snow in Dayara Bugyal from December to March. It is a wonderful experience to trek the Bugyal in winters. Sometimes in case of early snowfall one can find snow even in November but it depends on snowfall.
2 Months Training Module for High Altitude Treks – Download
Acclimatization at high altitude – Download
Suggested Kit list – Download
(You can add or deduct number of things required as per the trek you choose. GAF Team will assist you to select apt things to carry)
** You can buy clothing from Gokyo Outdoor Clothing and Gear
** Avail a discount of 10% by using code : GG10